BATS ARE HERE!
Normal bats I mean, not mine.
As seen at this pic:
I've made ears hipolier and tweaked their topology to exclude lighting issues.
There was no spare flexspace so I made fangs physical. They will always show up.
for poking me to get them done.
allowed me to include his organizing script into the download (yea, mine is a mess really).
It should work perfect with both old ad DMX enhanced models, including custom ones, like Tempest Shadow
Presets are back.
Yea, those presets that allow you to make a pose or funny face with one slider, instead of setting up the thing for hours or months. A panacea for the lazy.
messaged me to tell me that presets don't work on my horses. He also had a hint to a solution and shared it with me.
It turned out that .pre files of presets are a kind of dmx file. Yea, no shit. I even made a meme:
Now guess whom did win.
JDash shared info with me on how to convert them to dmx. Not just dmx, but a readable code dmx that can be edited. I know how to deal with that so it was pretty easy.
And now we have working presets. Beat that, Source Engine.
This update includes the new preset folder in ponies_source directory. Inside there are preset files, both decoded and encoded, and a readme with instructions on how to get them running.
I've also included .bat files, but dA's antihack or whatever script refused to upload the archive with executables in it, so I replaced all dots in extensions with commas. If you wanna tackle the insides of .pre files, change all commas into dots again.
- LipUp/Down flexes have been made into stereoflexes.
- Stereobalance has been changed from 98% into 96% for smoother transition.
- A duplicated "MAXIMUM Strength" flex has been removed from Fluttershy base.
- Advanced flex info file has been renamed from "flex_reference_rd_enh.txt" into "flex_reference_enh.txt". For Blender users I really recommend to delete the old txt not to confuse it with the new one. They are
different, believe me.
Again, big thanks to
for making this update possible.
Before I explain myself, a history lesson.
A while ago, a guy named
released a pack of ponies that had some better (and more) facial features than the v4 ones. All was cool, except for one thing - for us Blender dwellers, he refused to release sourcefiles, said we could decompile stuff ourselves.
Yea, of course we can, but tell me please how do we manage triangles and broken VTAs? Kinda dick move, eh? Makes it hard for the creation of custom bases. I said "meh" and forgot these existed.
For a while being, all the models I made for my customers were v4. Simply because a while ago I composited some DMX files for these and utilised them fully. The main difference between conventional SMD and DMX is that the latter is capable of having flexes inbound, has original geometry and overall compiles faster. Two reasons why I haven't converted enhanced ponies to DMX were stereoflexes and the fact that the base was assymetrical (more or less skillful blender users will understand me here). Gladly, I've managed to deal with these issues, and here we are.
Introducing Enhanced DMX sourcefiles. 99% close to the original ones that JuiceDane had. Or 97%. Or 60%. Or even better. I dunno, I always had C- at math.WARNING! This sourcepack is an addon to 's v4 ponies sourcepack. Before downloading it, make sure this is installed:
Also be sure to use Source Filmmaker's studiomdl.exe when compiling. Other compilers cannot adequately interprete advanced DMX, which are these bases.
So how are these better than the existing enhanced sourcepack
Since I migrated to Blender totally, in my sourcefiles I've been mindful of other modelers. My goal was to simplify life for everyone who uses them, myself included. With mesh detriangulated and symmetry finally there, one can make a custom pony base out of these almost as easy as of a v4.
Actually, even easier, since there are no detriangulated v4's in public... yet.
Also, it's way easier to manipulate flexes. You can change whatever - remove some of these, replace them with your own, make edits - and you don't have to fear that something will break. DMX files are devoid of common VTA problems, and since the mesh is absolutely symmetrical, left/right flexes will always have equal proportions if you enable X Mirror in edit mode. No need for that pesky mirror modifier now!
As for benefits for the common folk - the compilation now got faster and the qc template file has been unified. That means that if you change your mind about the base and want try something new, you won't need to grab a proper qc with proper VTA info and copy paste all bodygroups and whatever from your older qc. Instead, you change the body line - it won't affect flexes, they will still work. Also, this qc contains uncommented hints that will help novice modelers to get along with source pony compiling. Another WARNING! Garry's Mod support has been halted.
I wanted to preserve these models at their original. So please, if you want a simplified enhanced version of your pony that works in GMod, I suggest that you use Stefano's sourcepack for it. Mine and his don't conflict in any way.
Also, there's a sfm_defaultanimationgroups file that systematizes controls in SFM. Since most flexes have been renamed (mostly because of underscores issues with DMX), I suggest that you install that too. It won't break the one JuiceDane made, more like add to it.
- the mighty God and creator of horses we all use.
- the maker of v4 horsepack
- the one who actually made the enhanced thing
- the one whose sourcepack materials I used to create this thing.
- thanks for testing it for me.
Preview picture by me, obviously. It's horrible. No, horsible.
If any problems pop up, notify me in comments.